Tuesday 7 February 2012

What to wear?

I'm so tired of winter.  I'm so tired of the way I have to dress in winter.  I look matronly and well upholstered in my winter clothes.  I was going to use the words "winter finery" but that's just a straight up lie.  This is the time of year when I customarily dye my hair an outrageous colour, but I've heard that I'm too old for that now.  What am I going to do?

I bought a really cool pair of tuxedo pants.  They are slightly cropped, or at least that's what I'm telling myself, as I am somewhat tall.  Anyway tonight I'm going out to a semi-hip kind of place and this is what I am wearing:  Tuxedo pants tucked into boots that should be over the knee but are just at my knee.  Did I mention that I'm somewhat tall?  On top I'm wearing a mostly white tee shirt with some kind of anti aids logo on it.  I am anti aids after all.  And then over the shirt I've got a black jacket.  But in order to go out into the world I have to throw my grey overcoat on, it's not fair.  I hate that coat!  It was sort of expensive and it's got a designer name, but it makes me look like an old person.  What am I going to do?

Now don't get me wrong, I realize that I am not in my 20s or even my 30s, but do I have to dress like somebody's mom?  Right now I am on the very brink, the ultimate precipace if you will, of being one of those crazy women who dress like maniacs.  I'm on the fence really, it could go either way.  I might end up dressing like a total freak or else I'll just give up completely.  What am I going to do?

Stay tuned for the decision!

1 comment:

  1. I dress however I feel. I heed no ones opinion but my own, when it comes to clothing. I garden in my superhero pajama bottoms that clash with my superhero t shirts. I often sport a men's sports coat over the t shirt, along with jeans, when I actually have to venture out to school, appts or the store. I enjoy buying the most obnoxiously loud pair of tennis shoes, sneakers that I can find. I have recently given up on brushing my hair as it simply doesn't listen or do what I want anyway.
    Why not dye your hair? If that's what you want...if that's what feels right, do it!

    ReplyDelete